Among the top athletes in Turkey are Mehmet Okur, Rustu Recber, and Herdo Torkogulu. The country has a population of over 80 million people. Gambling is the Turkish passion, and they bet on their favorite sports at Turkish bookmakers, which is a very popular activity.
In Turkey, there are a few legal online betting sites: about four or five bookmakers are legal, and their services are lacking. The Turkish public prefers to bet with international bookmakers. There is only one option for betting on Turkey football and horse racing in this country, as these are the most popular sports here.
Does Turkey allow online betting?
Turkish law does not permit state-sponsored gambling, nor does it sanction it unless a permit is issued by the government. As a result, Turkish residents have limited options for accessing legalized gambling, beyond state-run lotteries and horse racing on occasion. A law outlawing online gambling within Turkey’s borders was adopted in 2007 and measures have been taken to enforce and prosecute those who engage in it.
While most of their efforts are directed at illegal land-based betting operations, while there is law targeting illegal betting operations as well as individuals, the majority of them go undetected. Thus, Turkish gamblers can continue to wager online without fear that they will be fined or detained.
What sportsbooks are restricted for Turkish punters?
Some bookmakers have prohibited Turkish players from registering with their sites because of the draconian laws which exist in Turkey and do not want to risk fines and prosecution. Their licensing body and the restrictions it may impose on operating in unregulatable countries are largely responsible for the decision to restrict access. Turkish players are accepted by many bookmakers who provide the same high level of service as players from other countries.
Here are our rankings of the best Turkish betting sites
- Safety. We always put our customers’ safety first. Consequently, our reputable and safe betting sites in Turkey provide both security and reliability. This is accomplished by using a variety of tools. In addition to firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, bookmakers who are regulated by a trusted authority can generally be trusted. PinUpBet and MostBet rank highly in terms of security. Two-factor authentication is used by international bookmakers. Additionally, when logging in on different devices, you can use the incognito mode.
- Odds. Wagering with the best betting sites has a great deal of appeal because of their low prices. The value of odds should be available daily regardless of whether they are presented in decimal, fractional or American formats. The odds of Besiktas beating Denizlispor are unlikely to be very compelling. If fans are willing to look hard enough, they can find affordable rates for all sports. Bettilt offers very competitive odds. Bettilt’s prices are comparable to their international competitors.
- Payments. Lira will be accepted by betting sites in Turkey. In some cases, though, this also applies to international bookmakers. In general, there are no fees associated with depositing and withdrawing in the local currency. In a later section, we will discuss how to pay at sports betting websites. In addition to FastPay, Fibabanka, ICBC, TEB, *ş Bank, and Garanti BBVA, YouWin accepts payments via a variety of other methods.
- Markets. The most popular sports in Turkey include football, basketball, and volleyball, but there are a lot of other events to cover as well. Most betting sites offer live, prematch and outright betting options. In this way, all sorts of events are available for betting, from the Turkish Super Lig to Fenerbahçe Beko beating Anadolu Efes in basketball. There are few sites that offer as many markets as 22Bet. A total of 30+ sports were covered by the bookmaker. Tennis, handball, and Esports are part of their sportsbook.
- Promotions. Promotions are not common among Turkish online betting sites. Therefore, those seeking bonuses are likely to favour international brands. New customers are rewarded with welcome bonuses, while existing customers are offered ongoing promotions. Qualify and withdraw from the program may be more difficult due to terms and conditions. 20Bet can certainly be recommended in this area. The VIP sports program is available, along with regular free bets.
- Reviews. Besides running our own tests, we have also taken into consideration other reviews. According to the App Store, Tuttur has 3.5 stars rating. The 1xBet app, on the other hand, has been rated 4.2 stars. Mobile betting is not the only factor considered. The world of online betting is filled with reviews these days. Betting sites with the highest ratings are generally regarded as the best.
The best betting mobile apps in Turkey
Bookies are now offering mobile apps for both ios and android devices that make wagering easier. If you prefer to bet on the go, you should download the mobile app of your favorite sports betting site. In Turkey, we have chosen the following top picks for the best real money mobile apps:
- You can download the Mostbet app on iOS and Android devices.
- BetWinner mobile apps offer both an easy-to-use mobile interface and the same markets and features as the BetWinner mobile website on mobile.
- The 22Bet mobile apps are free to download, and you can win exclusive mobile bonuses when you play on the app.
The 5 most important things you need to know about betting in Turkey
- It is legal to bet at the age of 18
- Online and land-based betting are legal
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports is responsible for overseeing sports betting
- The state-owned monopoly operator is Spor Toto
- At the moment, there are only 7 licensed local betting sites